Saturday, December 28, 2013

Down Memory Lane - BGHS - My School

Ballygunge Govt High School.To me the name sounds nostalgic as I was the student of this school.When I was six ,I got admitted to this school.As I stepped down into the school,the sight of leafy trees & grassy lawn soothed my eyes. A few steps upward & a large merit board fixed on the wall caught my eye.I Stopped to scan it but I was too young then to realise the value of this merit board. Later o...n, When I was bit grown up,I was just astonished by an impressive track record that adorned the board.It shows school's academic achievement since its early days. Look back to the previous stage, I took a few hesitant steps towards the long rows of classrooms.Suddenly I was seized by a queer throught.Somewhere in one of these class rooms must be sitting the great Satyajit Roy! True.I had spent 12 long years in this school.There were many incidents,many ups & downs,but they are still vivid in my mind.I had lots of friends there.How can I forgot those those happy moments?We had very tough competition there but also we shared some of our life's best moments also.We felt like little dwarfs while standing in front of school building. My eyes still get a little misty as I think back of the day when I bid farewell to my Alma Mater.The school,in fact,had become a part of me, as I too become a part of the school.We trooped out of the gate & stood together for a while on the road. Then we bade goodbye to one another & broke up. After a time, I felt an impulse to look backwards. The mammoth building already looked bit little.But still looked vibrant. Actually, life is a series of experiences. It is also a bundle of memories. It is through our memories that we feel the continuity of our existance.We fly & float on memories & break & re-make time,turning the faded flowers brightest one!

No comments: